Samsung with a 63% Android devices market share

No doubt the South Korean manufacturer dominates the Android market, but latest numbers from Localytics show a clearer picture. Samsung currently has a 63% share of all mobile devices – smartphones, phablets, tablets and fonblets. That’s almost a 2:1 share compared to other firms. HTC is second and LG third, together with Sony, Motorola and all others they fill up the remaining 37% of total marketshare.

global-android-shareEight out of the 10 best selling Android smartphones are manufactured by Samsung and Galaxy S series is topping the charts for most popular Android smartphones ever. HTC One (1.3%) and Motorola’s Droid Razr (1.1%) are the only non-Samsung Android phones.

android-smartphone-shareIn the tablets department Samsung has five devices (or 53%) of the top 10 active Android tablets. Samsung’s  dominance over other manufacturers is attributed mostly to its Galaxy S and Galaxy Tab 2 series. Galaxy Tab 2 series accounts for almost 40% of the top 10 active Android tablets.



 1,902 total views,  1 views today

About MMWolverine

Inter-lingual communicator by profession, Marko is a technology enthusiast. He fell in love with Android little over a year ago, now spending most of his time on xda-developers and similar forums. Quick learner and always there to help. Contact him at
Bookmark the permalink.