Today, we will guide you on how to properly flash the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (N9005) device. You can also watch the video below made by our official YouTube partner, Ash from C4ETech for a more detailed guide.
If this is your first time flashing a stock firmware on your Samsung device, you will need the following tools/programs:
- Samsung Kies – Download here or Samsung Drivers – Download here
- Odin3_v3.09 – Download here
- Official Android 4.4.2 Note 3 Firmware – Download here
1. Backup all your important files first i.e apps, contacts, SMS. You can watch this video for a detailed guide.
2. Make sure you have installed Kies or the Samsung drivers in order for ODIN to recognize your Galaxy Note 3 device.
3. Make sure you have sufficient battery power before the installation
4. Open ODIN on your computer, then select AP, then open the stock firmware tar.md5. file.
5. Connect your Note 3 on your computer, wait for it to be detected, then select start
6. Wait for the process to finish
7. If by chance you get into a bootloop, go to recovery by pressing the power and volume up buttons simultaneously and do a factory data reset.
1. This is meant only for the N9005.
2. You do not have to be Rooted.
3. You do not need a custom recovery.
4. It doesn’t matter what firmare your N9005 is currently on.
5. This will NOT trip any counters or affect your warranty status.
7,156 total views, 5 views today