TITLE: TANGRAM HD
DEVELOPER: POCKET STORM
DESCRIPTION: PUZZLE & BRAIN GAME
The word tangram is derived from two words, the Chinese word tang, referring to the Chinese Tang Dynasty, and the Greek word gramma, a synonym of graph. Actually, Tangram (in Chinese: 七巧板, literally: “seven boards of skill”) is a dissection puzzle consisting of seven flat shapes, called tans, which are put together to form shapes. The objective of the puzzle is to form a specific shape (given only an outline or silhouette) using all seven pieces, which may not overlap. It is reputed to have been invented in China during the Song Dynasty, and then carried over to Europe by trading ships in the early 19th century. It became very popular in Europe (for a time) and then again, during World War I. It is one of the most popular dissection puzzles in the world. A Chinese psychologist has termed the tangram “the earliest psychological test in the world”, albeit one made for entertainment rather than analysis.
With this game, (Tangram HD), you’ll be able to reproduce more than 550 Tangram designs depicting people, animals, boats, numbers etc., using the models included in the game, to form specific shapes using all seven pieces, which may not overlap.
Tangram HD may seem deceptively simple but actually requires a lot of thought to complete some of the figures. When I try to solve the puzzle for the first time, I told to myself, well I have 7 pieces (2 big triangles, 1 medium blue triangle, 2 small triangles, a yellow square and an orange rectangle). It seems like I will finish it in no time. But when I started to put one by one the pieces, I started to get frustrated! Hmm… It is not as easy as it looks after all. Of course, you can easily learn to master Tangram HD through the “Play-Regular mode and then move on to the Play-Masters mode which features unique puzzles. Once you feel you have become a master at this game, you can also try to perform as many puzzles as possible in a limited amount of time. So, just try it, and hours of fun are ahead of you.
The objective of the puzzle is to form very specific shape using all seven pieces, which may not overlap.
HOW YOU CAN PLAY IT
Here it is a step by step tutorial:
– From the Main Menu press Settings and then choose if you want the sound ON, the timer ON and the color of the pieces as you like.
– From the Main Menu press Choose Play Regular if you are new in Tangram puzzles or press Play-Masters if you are sure about your Tangram skills and then choose the puzzle that you want.
– Put all the pieces in to silhouette. Click the piece and rotate the piece by using the arrows.
TIP: Sometimes you will have to move your piece to the top of the screen and rotate the shape.
– Put all the 7 pieces in to silluete but watch out, the pieces may not overlap or cross the line of the silluete.
TIP: You will solve easier the puzzle if you try first to put in the silhouette the 2 big triangles and then the rest pieces.
1) Addictive, funny and challenging game with a cool way to exercise your brain.
2) More than 550 figures to reproduce.
3) A game that has a long lifespan. (Thousands of levels).
4) Suitable for even very old Android devices.
5) Awesome free game.
6) Appropriate for all users and contains no objectionable content or advertisements.
1) Hints system for masters mode only
Tangram HD is a game suitable for all the puzzle lovers. Also it has a unique way to exercise your brain. It sounds simple but you really have to try it if you want to see what a brain teaser game it is. So, just try it and have fun!
ABOUT POCKET STORM
More games from Pocket Storm at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Pocket+Storm
4,140 total views, 1 views today