Samsung has finally started rolling out Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100). The device was launched with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean out of the box and ran the same firmware for quite a while. 4.2.2 software was never officially released and now Note II users are getting the long awaited update.
Note II’s Android 4.3 is apparently very stable and fast in comparison with recent update for Galaxy S III. There are many changes and improvements from the core UI, Settings app (now tabbed) to the lockscreen and overhauled apps. Support for the Galaxy Gear, Samsung KNOX and Samsung Wallet has been added. Since Samsung doesn’t release official change logs for its updates, guys at SamMobile have composed their own list of changes.
- Support for: Galaxy Gear, Trim (device is much faster), KNOX, Wallet (Pre-loaded)
- Improved RAM management
- Galaxy S4 system UI theme
- Changed apps: Settings UI (Tabbed S4 like interface), Samsung Keyboard, Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- updated GPU drivers (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
- New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New S4 screen modes: Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- New additions: Daydream, Driving mode, Actionable notifications, Move-to-SD-card feature, Sound and Shot Camera mode, Full screen Samsung apps, New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4), new additions in Notification Centre
- Implementation of S4 Voice controls (to control various parts of the phone using voice commands)
As with all new software updates, 4.3 will be rolled out in phases and gradually make its way in different countries. However, if your device is carrier branded, it might take sometime due to carrier specific improvements. You can install 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Note II by connecting your device to your computer and using Samsung KIES. Or via Samsung’s OTA service, namely from Settings / More / About Device / Software update / Update.
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 14:55:01 +0000
Product Code: INU
If for some reason that does not work, you can get the new official Android 4.3 from SamMobile Firmware Section. You’ll have to sign-in and select your device TYPE, OS, MODEL and COUNTRY. Flashing externally will wipe your device, including data on your internal SD card, so remember to make backups and please follow the instructions exactly as stated.
29,205 total views, 1 views today