Yesterday Microsoft released a new updated version of the Outlook application for Android devices. This new version adds some very interesting features for the people using Microsoft’s email client.
The new features of the updated Outlook application are:
- Server-side search for easy access to all email, not just the ones synced to your phone.
- Unlimited sync of all email history for full off-line access.
- Capability to send emails from Outlook.com aliases.
- Eight new colors to customize the app interface.
- Ability to set and manage vacation replies.
- Traditional Chinese language support.
The most important of these new additions, is the Server-side search. It means that you can search through all of your emails, even those that aren’t in your phone. Pretty good, don’t you think? Ηowever, Microsoft doesn’t seem to be very sure for this new function, that’s why they’ve included a link below the searching results, to search for more messages at outlook.com (see the next Screenshot). Users can also search for aliases plus setting and managing vacation replies.
Another very welcome feature is the ability to change the color of a theme. As you can see in the Screenshots below, you can choose from a variety of colors such as pink, orange, light blue etc. (I have chosen the light green color to fit with my Mixed Theme.)
So, we think that all these new additions and functions will certainly be useful to all those users who use the Outlook application in their Android devices. If you want to try it you can download it from Google’s Play Store.
1,625 total views, 1 views today