After months of rumors the LG Nexus 5 is finally here. Leaked pricing and specs turned out to be true – $349 for the 16GB internal storage phone and $399 for 32GB, both available in black and the white/black panda-phone versions.
- Screen: 4.95-inch 1920×1080 FullHD display (445 ppi) with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- Cameras: 1.3MP front facing, 8MP rear facing OIS
- Weight: 130 grams
- Storage: 16GB or 32GB internal
- Memory: 2GB
- Battery: 2300mAh
- Ports & Connectors: microUSB, enabled SlimPort, 3.5mm stereo audio jack, Dual microphones, Ceramic power and volume buttons
- Dimensions: 69.17 x 137.84 x 8.59 mm
- Wireless: Wi-Fi (2.4/5GHz) 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, NFC (Android Beam), Bluetooth 4.0
- Network: GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, CDMA: Band Class: 0/1/10, WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8/19, LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/17/19/25/26/41
- Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
Previous Nexuses have always been just a little behind in processor department, but Nexus 5 comes with a top-of-the-line ARM chip in the Snapdragon 800. Users get a standard internal storage choice, while no SD card is still a downside. 8MP camera with the addition of OIS should offer a satisfying picture-taking experience.
The device has a larger screen compared Nexus 4, but its dimensions have barely changed. It’s even slightly lighter due to a soft-touch plastic back replacing breakable glass. It feels like a smaller version of 2013 Nexus 7.
Of course optional accessories will be available soon: four bumper cases in gray, yellow, black or red ($34.99) and two flip cases “QuickCovers” in either black or gray ($49.99).
If you are eager to order the new LG Nexus 5, pick your favorite model from the links below. First shippments should be leaving the warehouse on November 5, so hurry up. The device is for sale in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan and Korea (arriving to India soon).
To try out new Google apps from Android 4.4 KitKat, please visit this xda thread.
1,399 total views, 1 views today