It seems like Google decided to upgrade almost everything in its Play Store, so this morning has unleashed a new product with the name “Newstand”. We’ve been hearing about this app and it’s officially live from now. As expected, the app takes the place of Play Magazines, but it also replaces Currents as a news reader. With this app Google is aiming to provide Android users a single place to read their favourite newspapers, magazines, website and blogs. It’s sort of like a newsreader/magazine hub/read-it-later all-in-one type of app. You can still purchase and subscribe to your favourite magazines, but you can also find news from your favourite sources, bookmark items to be read later, and explore other items that you may find interesting.
WHAT YOU CAN FIND IN THIS APP
1) Newspaper Subscriptions: The Australian, The Financial Times, Los Angeles Times, The National Post, The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal.
2) Magazines: Better Homes & Gardens, The Economist, Esquire, Fast Company, Forbes, Game Informer, The New Yorker, Rolling Stone, Shape, TIME, Vanity Fair and WIRED.
3) Blogs: Apartment Therapy, Colossal, Cool Hunting, Flavorpill, Saveur Daily, TMZ.
4) News sites: ABC News, The Atlantic, CBS Sports, CNET, The Daily Beast, Huffington Post, The Guardian, NPR, Reuters, The Telegraph
HOW YOU CAN USE IT
Newsstand is free, and now resides where Magazines used to live. If you don’t have that installed (which you should), then you can grab it by hitting the widget below. Otherwise, just head to the Play Store and update the app to get started with Newsstand.
The Pocket Newsstand lets you zoom in, on current covers, so that you can read the contents and then decide whether to purchase or not. You can go out and find the magazine yourself, or use our simple purchase process and we will post it to you via First Class post. If you buy a copy before 3pm UK time, we will post it out that same day. There is no better magazine service available.
You can hit up the latest publications in the Play Store, including the New York Times, WSJ, and a lot more, browse the magazines section, or just add your favourite site’s feed quickly and easily. And finally, there’s a way to bookmark stories to save them for later.
You can swipe between columns with ease, and access the hamburger menu if you need more control. Also, Newstand works great on tablets and phones and does some cool things when it comes to recommending you, new content.
– Play Newsstand combines Play Magazines and Google Currents into a single app.
– Free and paid news, plus magazine subscriptions all in one place.
– Your Google Currents subscriptions will automatically transfer into Play Newsstand.
– Read Now surfaces the most interesting stuff. The more you read, the better it gets.
– Follow topic tags to discover related stories and new sources.
– New offline features minimize data and battery usage.
– Print Magazine catalogue, through Newsstand, the leading UK online magazine shop, established in 1995 and dedicated to those who still appreciate print.
– This app allows you to browse over 3,300 current UK magazine covers, on sale dates and buy single print copies or subscriptions to British, European and
– Purchase magazines (currently from the UK Only), easily and securely, with first class post & same day despatch on all magazine purchased from our stock of over 5,000 copies.
“Staying up on the news can be a daunting task. You have to go to a different website or app for each of your favourite magazines, newspapers and blogs. One place to read and discover all of this would be a lot simpler,” Google writes on the official Android blog. Well, we couldn’t agree more. So, just download this app fro Google Play Store and have a good reading!
33,850 total views, 1 views today